Career Change Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Introductory 1-day workshop outline:
What you’ll learn:
- Clear intentions: Why now?: What is it that’s inspiring you to consider this change? What are you hoping to achieve both for yourself and your career? This session is all about considering your own situation and what’s motivating you to make a change.
- Understanding ourselves: Understanding ourselves is key to making meaningful and successful moves forward. This is a short activity that gets us up and moving and gives us some key insights into our own behaviours and character traits.
- Change: What it is, how we navigate it: An introduction to change. How do we cope with change, and how can we be energised by it.
- Confidence is key: Understanding what you offer: Building confidence in yourself and your skills and abilities is essential when you’re moving from one thing to another. This is about building a clear picture of what you offer and how your skills and expertise are valuable.
- Building resilience: Within any career, whether you’re moving to self-employment or into a new role or industry there’s going to be tough times. Building resilience is essential if you’re going to maintain the motivation to forge a new path.
- Practicalities: Salary, getting paid and setting rates, ways of working. Making a move that suits you.
- How to get started: Creating a portfolio and CV, where to find work.
Why the need for the course?
We spend a third of our lives at work. Gone are the days of a guaranteed job for life. Many of us will be working until our late 60’s but, it’s no longer expected that we stay within the same role or even industry for more than a few years. And, yet changing career either to a new sector or job role or to becoming self-employed is still one of the most stressful and difficult decisions we can make. We all have skills and experiences that can translate over into new things, much of the time our self-doubt and fear of failure holds us back.